Buraya reklam eklenecek

30 Temmuz 2011 Cumartesi

My Hair History [[PIC HEAVY]]

Hey Guys!

I've had several requests to show how my hair has changed over the years. Frankly, my hair history is a bit boring because I never had my hair professionally done until I was in grade 12 (i.e., coloured, cut...etc). I had trims here and there at really cheap places like First Choice, but usually my mom would cut my hair for me. I was always a Tomboy and I played a lot of sports. I didn't start getting into hair or makeup until my first year of University when I started going out to parties all the time with friends. I did wear a bit of makeup in highschool, but mainly it consisted of mascara and a little bit of eyeliner. I never styled my hair...I was the complete opposite of how I am today!



Because my hair was pretty boring up until Grade 12, I will only show a few pictures from my early years. Hope you enjoy!

I believe I am 1 year old here. Look at my chubby arms. LOL It took forever for me to grow hair as a child and it was super fine. Now my hair grows like a weed and is pretty thick.

This is a picture taken of me when I was in Preschool. Can you believe I had blonde hair as a child?! I had this haircut FOREVER and then it started to grow fast and dark.

Kindergarten. I had my hair all nice and crimpy for photos and then it was raining and I had to put it up in a ponytail. I'm pretty sure I did it myself as it doesn't look combed and it's off to the side...I'm a product of the 80s FOR SURE!



Grade 1. I guess I was a sailor? LOL I remember hating my outfit and my teachers loving it. I was starting to grow out my bangs and basically kept my hair chin length up until grade 7 when I started growing it...

Grade 11. This is pretty much the last time I had my hair "natural" before I started to dye it. I would just put a bit of gel in it and scrunch up the ends to accentuate the curl in my hair. I have natural blonde highlights that run through my hair...it's a light/medium brown.





First time I highlighted my hair/got an actual "style" to my hair. I use to wear it long and cut straight across the bottom (my mom would do this for me). In grade 12 I went to a stylist for the first time and started doing my hair...etc. I still hadn't discovered makeup quite yet... LOL


I kept my hair highlighted for 2-3 years...I LOVED IT! I think I'm 19 in this picture. Sometimes I look back and wish I still had my highlights...I had two tones of blonde, plus low lights...it was really healthy and shiny but cost me a fortune to upkeep.



Eventually I stopped getting as much blonde in my hair because I wanted to darken it...then I just took the plunge and went to a dark brown...The next few pictures I was 20/21 in them? This was quite short in comparison to how long my hair use to be...but I really liked it because my hair seemed to have more body.







I experimented with some side bangs a few times, but never anything crazy. I was terrified of getting bangs because I had a bad experience when I was in grade 4 with bangs...they looked hideous...

The first time I dyed my hair black was for Halloween 2008 when I dressed up as Gene Simmons from KISS. Looking back I can tell I've really lost weight...I've gradually have been trying to lighten my hair to a dark brown since dying it black. Black was just TOO black and didn't have any warmth or dimension to it. People who have dyed their hair black will understand...lol
PRESENT DAY


I've kept my hair long and dark brown for years and years now. Even though I miss my highlights at times, I love my dark hair best. To maintain my hair I go back every few months for a trim and to have my roots touched up (my roots are a few shades lighter than my current hair colour). I will be doing a "Hair Care" post soon, but figured I'd start off with a little bit of history. Hope these pictures entertained you! haha It's fun looking back at how much I've changed through the years :)





0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder