Buraya reklam eklenecek

31 Temmuz 2011 Pazar

TUTORIAL: How I Apply Foundation

Hey guys!
Let me first start out by saying that this didn't go the way I wanted it to. I was planning on showing a few more steps, but I gave up because I was playing with my puppy and she scratched my face (almost my eye) and left a big red mark. She also caught my lip in the process (don't know how) so my skin got really irritated.

How I do my skin is REALLY simple so I should be able to explain how I do it with just a few pictures. I hope this is helpful! I also have a few tips and tricks to share so make sure you read my step-by-step instructions below! ENJOY!

Step 1: I always start with a clean moisturized face. Today I applied some St. Moriz self-tanner prior to my foundation because I haven't in a while. I find self-tanner really helps even out the skin and cover imperfections prior to the foundation process! It's one of my tricks I use if I want a more polished look.

Step 2: I take a tiny bit of Revlon Colour Stay Foundation in Medium Beige and a drop of MAC Face and Body in N5 and lightly dot my QUO Duo Fibre brush into the mixture. I only use my Face and Body when I'm tanned because I bought it in the summer when I was super tanned.



Step 3: I stipple the product that's on my brush to my face, usually working on one area at a time because the Revlon foundation dries REALLY fast. For the purpose of this tutorial, I showed how it looks stippled all over my face.


Step 4: I then swirl my brush to blend everything in. Normally I don't have my eye makeup done prior to my foundation. I always lightly go over my eye sockets to make everything even and cover up any veining.


Step 5: Apply three dots of concealer under the eye (and anywhere else you need to conceal). I usually just conceal under my eyes and around my nostrils. I have a concealer brush, but normally I just use my ring finger. I find my finger does an even better job. I use MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW25



Step 6: Apply setting powder under your eye to prevent concealer from creasing. I like using Ben Nye Neutral Set Translucent Powder with a MAC 224 brush.




Step 7: Next I apply MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Medium-Dark. I buff this in with my MAC 182 Kabuki brush to make my skin have a flawless finish and to rid myself of any unwanted shine. A lot of time I just leave my cheeks un-powdered and just powder my t-zone for a more dewy look, but today I buffed my entire face lightly.



And that's it! This should be the perfect canvas to apply whatever blush, bronzer, contour or highlighter you need. If you would like a bronzing/blush/highlight/ contour tutorial just ask. Today I just added a bit of harmony blush in the hallows of my cheeks, MAC So Ceylon MSF on the apples of my cheeks and MAC Strobe liquid on my cheek bones.


I also really liked Kristin Cavallari's makeup from The Hills last night. Here is a still from the show. I tried doing it today but failed miserably. I definitely need some more practice at "cutting the crease".

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder